Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2004 10:56 PM
Subject: Re: Expansion Joints for Aqueducts

Hamid,

If I understand your situation correctly, you need to specify an embedded waterstop.  The following is a typical catalog from Greenstreak (there are many others):

http://www.greenstreak.com/SearchPages/search_subdiv_15.asp

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

Hamid Mahmood <hamideng(--nospam--at)easynet.ro>

10/24/2004 10:43 AM

Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
Expansion Joints for Aqueducts

Hi,

I am designing some box-type aqueducts with expansion joints varying from 40
mm to125 mm. There are concerns about the water-tightness of normal
expansion joints with elastomeric/neoprene seals. I shall be grateful if
someone could provide me information/examples for expansion joints in
water-retaining structures esp. aqueducts/bridges. Maximum head of water is
2 m.

Thank you,

Hamid

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp