Tilt-Up Walls as a Seismic System

What lateral system designation are people using for tilt-up wall panels under the IBC?  For seismic design category D, it appears that ordinary walls are not permitted.  It would be easy enough to reinforce tilt-up as a special wall, except for the foundation connections.  Welded embed plates appear to be outside the typical wall detailing.  ACI 318-02 in 21.13 talks about some detailing for something called "intermediate precast structural walls".  The term intermediate is not something that the IBC applies to shear walls, they are either special or ordinary.  I know that tilt-up is still being used in seismic country, so I assume that the R factor and the detailing requirements are coming from somewhere.  Can anyone shed any light on how this is done?

Paul Crocker, PE, SE