From: Eli Grassley [mailto:elig(--nospam--at)psm-engineers.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 3:04 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Opinions of an Egyptian American

I hate to dive into this one – and hopefully much of this political discussion on this list will die down a bit after the election (and ensuing lawsuits) are over.

To add my 2-cents to this subject…I agree with everything that was stated in this person’s assessment of our current military endeavor, HOWEVER – looking at the situation a bit more critically, it certainly appears that we are rapidly CREATING more NEW terrorists/insurgents/militant radicals than may be worth the costs we are incurring.  I don’t think any American should feel any safer when one enemy is killed if two more step up to fill his place.  Unless of course we plan on setting up a permanent “bug light” in the middle east for the next few decades.  And I’m sure no one wants that.

Just look at the pitiful successes of the “drug war.”  Throw one dealer in jail, two more take his place.  Why doesn’t our government focus on the roots of the problem…why do drug USERS create such a demand for drugs…why do young Muslims hate our country so much that they are turning to suicide bombings??  Perpetual war is not a solution to either of these questions.

Eli Grassley