RE: FYI: RUNNING 1997UBC CD USING WINDOWS XP

California still uses it and it looks like it will still be using it for the next three years (at least).

There was an emergency issue by the Building Standards Commission a year ago that updates the UBC but I believe it only applies to State-owned buildings.

-----Original Message-----
From: Padmanabhan Rajendran [mailto:rakamaka(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent:
Tuesday, October 26, 2004 4:43 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: FYI: RUNNING 1997UBC CD USING WINDOWS XP

I am just curious. Why would anyone want to run 1997 UBC? I understand that IBC 2000 replaced UBC. In any case 1997 UBC is dated.

Rajendran

David Merrick <MRKGP(--nospam--at)winfirst.com> wrote:

I SOLVED A PROBLEM RUNNING 1997UBC CD USING WINDOWS XP.
(INTERLEAF WORLDVIEW IS NO LONGER IN BUSINESS AND THERE ARE NO UPDATES)

TO RUN INTERLEAF WORLDVIEW 2.3 TO READ 1997UBC ON WINDOWS XP:

LEFTCLICK START
RIGHTCLICK MY COMPUTER
LEFTCLICK PROPERTIES
LEFTCLICK ADVANCE
LEFTCLICK ENVIRONMENTAL VARIABLES
LEFTCLICK SYSTEM VARIABLES:NEW
SET VARIABLE NAME = FULTEMP
SET VARIABLE VALUE = C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
LEFTCLICK OK
LEFTCLICK OK
LEFTCLICK OK
YOU CAN NOW RUN YOUR CD PROGRAM SETUP

IF THAT DOES NOT WORK THEN ALSO DO THIS

LEFTCLICK START
LEFTCLICK PROGRAMS
LEFTCLICK ACCESSORIES
LEFTCLICK WINDOWS SETTINGS
LEFTCLICK PROGRAM COMPATIBILITY WIZARD
LEFTCLICK NEXT
LEFTCLICK I WANT TO USE THE PROGRAM IN THE CD ROM
LEFTCLICK NEXT
LEFTCLICK MICROSOFT WINDOWS 98/ME
LEFTCLICK NEXT
LEFTCLICK 256 COLORS
LEFTCLICK NEXT
LEFTCLICK NEXT
THEN THE PROGRAM SETUP RUNS IT MAY APPEAR THAT IT FAILED BUT IT MIGHT NOW WORK FROM START-PROGRAMS

GOOD LUCK DAVID MERRICK

Do you Yahoo!?