Re: Opinions of an Egyptian American

chuck utzman wrote:

Bill-
Thousands of American dead,

Um, only a bit over a thousand American MILITARY dead, all of whom died with honor serving the greatest nation on earth.

billions of dollars wasted,

Yeah, but what are you gonna do? It looks like the social welfare system is here to stay.

a war premised on lies--

Um, which lies were those? The ones about the chemical weapons? (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,120137,00.html) The ones about how the weapons "were there but were secretly taken away? (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,136663,00.html - p.s. the weapons WERE removed by Saddam; the NBC embedded reporter with the 101st already told us so--not that the truth ever mattered one whit to John Kerry).

Please be more specific.

all with the goal of imposing a democratic system of government on a populace that regards ur as an occupying force.

"Populace"? Or foreign terrorists conveniently gathering in one place so we can send 'em to Allah on the Express plan? HINT: They're over THERE, not over HERE.

DOUBLE HINT: The voter turnout in Afghanistan was well over 70%. SEVENTY PERCENT OF THE PEOPLE WHO "DON'T WANT US THERE" BRAVING TERRORIST THREATS TO VOTE.

What's the percentage of voters in the average election in this country?

And the justification is that we have prevented an invasion of Hawaii (or main street U.S.A.).

Interesting. Would you care to provide a link? I'd like to read the story about the Bush spokesman who announced the prevention of an invasion of Hawaii.

Oh, as for "main street": How about south Manhattan instead?

I wonder how many times we will have to repeat this folly

I wonder how many times we'll have to hear these Democrat talking points--truth optional--before people get tired of spewing them.

before America decides to choose its wars more carefully?

This war chose US.

And while I still believe these discussions are best left to other forums, my occasional dope-slaps seem to be ineffectual so I may as well join in.
Chuck Utzman, P.E.

Have at it.