RE: Opinions of an Egyptian American

contrack

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 3:04 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Opinions of an Egyptian American

chuck utzman wrote:

> Bill-
> Thousands of American dead,

Um, only  a bit over a thousand American MILITARY dead, all of whom died
with honor serving the greatest nation on earth.

> billions of dollars wasted,

Yeah, but what are you gonna do? It looks like the social welfare system
is here to stay.

> a war premised on lies--

Um, which lies were those? The ones about the chemical weapons?
(http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,120137,00.html) The ones about how
the weapons "were there but were secretly taken away?
(http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,136663,00.html - p.s. the weapons
WERE removed by Saddam; the NBC embedded reporter with the 101st already
told us so--not that the truth ever mattered one whit to John Kerry).

Please be more specific.

> all with the goal of imposing a democratic system of government on a
> populace that regards ur as an occupying force.

"Populace"? Or foreign terrorists conveniently gathering in one place so
we can send 'em to Allah on the Express plan? HINT: They're over THERE,
not over HERE.

DOUBLE HINT: The voter turnout in Afghanistan was well over 70%. SEVENTY
PERCENT OF THE PEOPLE WHO "DON'T WANT US THERE" BRAVING TERRORIST
THREATS TO VOTE.

What's the percentage of voters in the average election in this country?

>   And the justification is that we have prevented an invasion of
> Hawaii (or main street U.S.A.).

Interesting. Would you care to provide a link? I'd like to read the
story about the Bush spokesman who announced the prevention of an
invasion of Hawaii.

Oh, as for "main street": How about south Manhattan instead?

> I wonder how many times we will have to repeat this folly

I wonder how many times we'll have to hear these Democrat talking
points--truth optional--before people get tired of spewing them.

> before America decides to choose its wars more carefully?

This war chose US.

>   And while I still believe these discussions are best left to other
> forums, my occasional dope-slaps seem to be ineffectual so I may as
> well join in.
> Chuck Utzman, P.E.

Have at it.