RE: Opinions of an Egyptian American

Well said
G. Dean PE

>>> elig(--nospam--at)psm-engineers.com 10/26/2004 6:03:43 PM >>>

I hate to dive into this one - and hopefully much of this political
discussion on this list will die down a bit after the election (and
ensuing
lawsuits) are over.

To add my 2-cents to this subject.I agree with everything that was
stated in
this person's assessment of our current military endeavor, HOWEVER -
looking
at the situation a bit more critically, it certainly appears that we
are
rapidly CREATING more NEW terrorists/insurgents/militant radicals than
may
be worth the costs we are incurring.  I don't think any American should
feel
any safer when one enemy is killed if two more step up to fill his
place.
Unless of course we plan on setting up a permanent "bug light" in the
middle
east for the next few decades.  And I'm sure no one wants that.

Just look at the pitiful successes of the "drug war."  Throw one dealer
in
jail, two more take his place.  Why doesn't our government focus on
the
roots of the problem.why do drug USERS create such a demand for
drugs.why do
young Muslims hate our country so much that they are turning to
suicide
bombings??  Perpetual war is not a solution to either of these
questions.

Eli Grassley