RE: Opinions of an Egyptian American

And the terrorists aren't Communists. And they're not a country. But they do talk funny, and wear silly clothes.

I'm afraid you are missing the forest for the trees. It's not the details that are being compared, it's the general track which is being taken. Even if you don't agree with the political stance, being willing to objectively look at a problem (you're and engineer, right?) and to do some pattern recognition will hopefully prevent pitfalls of the past. I've seen very little of this.

I personally think the war is hurting our (global) cause even if it is producing some (localized) positive effects. There are few people who will give up in the face of aggression - would you? Clearly the attack on 2001 has galvanized your resolve beyond doubt. Is it any wonder that those we attack (even in retribution) feel the same galvanizing response? Have you not been watching Israel and the Palestinians over the last twenty years?

That said, I'd like to quote one of my favorite movies, "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."