Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 8:39 AM
Subject: RE: Opinions of an Egyptian American

Padmanabhan Rajendran wrote

While we americans are led to believe that the airplane attack on USA was unprovoked, it may have been precipitated by our international policies.
Sure we have international policies that may be disliked by the people of the mideast.  So why don't they just not take the money.  Just say no thank you and we will politely keep it without any insistence to the contrary.  But they never do.  Do they?  $300M/yr to Egypt, $100M/yr to the Palestinians, yes and of course the almost $1B/yr to Israel, and Saudi Arabia and Oman and Kuwait and ...  The notion that our policies, in the eyes of Fundamentalist Islam, not yours, justifies 19 wahabi (sp?) Arabs to fly planes within US border and kill people, equally justifies the new foreign policy doctrine of Pre-emption.  Cause and effect.  For years we have been generous with the mideast, giving it money, medicine, farming technology, water technology.  Yes we bought oil.  Our assistance has aided in the elevation of their standard of living.  Now we will educate the middle-east with our other hand, justly defending ourselves.
Be that as it may, there is no connection between it and Iraq.
 You're right.  There was no direct operational connection, that we know of,  between Iraq and the 9/11 attack.  However, the doctrine of pre-emption clearly states that we will go after nations who assist in harboring or financing terrorism.  Saddam did both.  Foreign policy lesson #101.  Beware.
Therefore, declaration of war on Iraq, a sovereign nation, is unjustified regardless of what Saddam did or did not do on his own people. Instead of Saddam, USA has taken upon itself to kill thousands of Iraqis.
Saddam and his sovereign nation killed at the very least 1 million Muslims, paid money to encourage the homicide bombing of innocent Israeli citizens, invaded Kuwait in an attempt to take control of the worlds oil supply.  And countless other bad things to numerous to list.  Yes we have killed thousands of Iraqis, and the insurgent Saudis, Iranians, Syrians, Egyptians, and untold others.  And now the Iraqi people have taken up the killing in the name of securing their reborn nation.
In the process, our own men and families have been destroyed in this foohardy process.
Helping others achieve FREEDOM while killing those threatening our security can hardly be called a foolhardy process.  But then you did say that Mao was some kind of great leader or such some nonsense.  Kinda reminds me of the line in the movie A Few Good Men.  You know the one, where Jack Nicholson as the character Colonel Nathan R. Jessup says "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post."  I here, being The United States of America.

Keith De Lapp, P.E.
KDL ENGINEERING