Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Country Factor on AASHTO Loading for Bridges - Please Help[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Country Factor on AASHTO Loading for Bridges - Please Help
- From: "CM Iqbal" <cmiqbal(--nospam--at)isb.paknet.com.pk>
- Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:00:08 +0500
For designing of bridges, nearly every country is adopting her own specific design loads which are normally higher those specified by AASHTO loading. As an alternate solution to have their own specifications written, a number of countries have now adopted AASHTO Specifications for designing of bridges along with a 'Country Factor', which is a multiplier ( 1.5 to 2.5) to cater for the local enhanced loading.
I am writing a research paper on adoption of Country Factor, Could any one please let me know such details or its source related to Country Factors being adopted by different countries.
Specially if you are in a Middle East country which has adopted AASHTO specifications with a specific Country Factor, please let me know its details.
- Prev by Subject: Corrosion in steel
- Next by Subject: Re: Country Factor on AASHTO Loading for Bridges - Please Help
- Previous by thread: Re: New zealand & Australian Codes
- Next by thread: Re: Country Factor on AASHTO Loading for Bridges - Please Help