Re: Opinions of an Egyptian American

Steve you missed to add to it $6B military and economic aid to Israel
total of $ 150 B so far not including special aid.

>>> scgordin(--nospam--at)hotmail.com 10/27/2004 11:20:04 AM >>>
Well said, with few comments.

  1.. IIRC, it was not him who wrote those outrageous things in Mao's
support;
  2.. The annual US aid to Egypt is $1.3B for military purposes, and an
additional $815M as economic assistance.  In all, $50B since 1975.  I
hope there is some positive return on the investment that I do not know
about.
Steve Gordin

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Keith De Lapp
  To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
  Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 8:39 AM
  Subject: RE: Opinions of an Egyptian American

  Padmanabhan Rajendran wrote

    > While we americans are led to believe that the airplane attack on
USA was unprovoked, it may have been precipitated by our international
policies.
    Sure we have international policies that may be disliked by the
people of the mideast.  So why don't they just not take the money.  Just
say no thank you and we will politely keep it without any insistence to
the contrary.  But they never do.  Do they?  $300M/yr to Egypt, $100M/yr
to the Palestinians, yes and of course the almost $1B/yr to Israel, and
Saudi Arabia and Oman and Kuwait and ...  The notion that our policies,
in the eyes of Fundamentalist Islam, not yours, justifies 19 wahabi
(sp?) Arabs to fly planes within US border and kill people, equally
justifies the new foreign policy doctrine of Pre-emption.  Cause and
effect.  For years we have been generous with the mideast, giving it
money, medicine, farming technology, water technology.  Yes we bought
oil.  Our assistance has aided in the elevation of their standard of
living.  Now we will educate the middle-east with our other hand, justly
defending ourselves.
    > Be that as it may, there is no connection between it and Iraq.
     You're right.  There was no direct operational connection, that we
know of,  between Iraq and the 9/11 attack.  However, the doctrine of
pre-emption clearly states that we will go after nations who assist in
harboring or financing terrorism.  Saddam did both.  Foreign policy
lesson #101.  Beware.
    > Therefore, declaration of war on Iraq, a sovereign nation, is
unjustified regardless of what Saddam did or did not do on his own
people. Instead of Saddam, USA has taken upon itself to kill thousands
of Iraqis.
    Saddam and his sovereign nation killed at the very least 1 million
Muslims, paid money to encourage the homicide bombing of innocent
Israeli citizens, invaded Kuwait in an attempt to take control of the
worlds oil supply.  And countless other bad things to numerous to list.
Yes we have killed thousands of Iraqis, and the insurgent Saudis,
Iranians, Syrians, Egyptians, and untold others.  And now the Iraqi
people have taken up the killing in the name of securing their reborn
nation.
    > In the process, our own men and families have been destroyed in
this foohardy process.
    Helping others achieve FREEDOM while killing those threatening our
security can hardly be called a foolhardy process.  But then you did say
that Mao was some kind of great leader or such some nonsense.  Kinda
reminds me of the line in the movie A Few Good Men.  You know the one,
where Jack Nicholson as the character Colonel Nathan R. Jessup says "I
have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who
rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then
questions the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you,
and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and
stand to post."  I here, being The United States of America.

    Keith De Lapp, P.E.
    KDL ENGINEERING