From: CM Iqbal [mailto:cmiqbal(--nospam--at)isb.paknet.com.pk]
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 8:00 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: [SPAM] - Country Factor on AASHTO Loading for Bridges - Please Help - Bayesian Filter detected spam

    For designing of bridges, nearly every country is adopting her own specific design loads which are normally higher those specified by AASHTO loading.  As an alternate solution to have their own specifications written, a number of countries have now adopted AASHTO Specifications for designing of bridges along with a 'Country Factor', which is a multiplier ( 1.5 to 2.5) to cater for the local enhanced loading.

    I am writing a research paper on adoption of Country Factor, Could any one please let me know such details or its source related to Country Factors being adopted by different countries.

    Specially if you are in a Middle East country which has adopted AASHTO specifications with a specific Country Factor, please let me know its details.

Regards
C.M. IQBAL