Through-Bolting of Hollow Unreinforced CMU

A question for my colleagues….

Anyone out there ever seen an analytical technique in published literature to evaluate the shear capacity of threaded rod through hollow CMU  (i.e., through-bolt) ?  I know that several fastener companies (Hilti, Simspon, etc.) have ICBO test reports showing embedded anchors (with screen tubes in hollow CMU)……but that’s not what I’m interested in……I’ve seen so many “through-bolt” applications with just plain all-thread and some drilled holes but have not seen an analytical approach (perhaps NCMA Tek 12-3a is as close as it gets ?)…..seems like to me there are several limits states….local crushing of CMU at all-thread (i.e., bearing failure)….shear failure of the CMU face shell….bolt shear…. Etc.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Robert C. Roger, P.E.