Re: Opinions of an Egyptian American

Comparing the causes of WWII and current imbroglio of sorts is similar to comparing apples with oranges.

Regarding "...disrespect the nobility of those who chose to fight and die for our liberty...": There is no doubt that the soldiers chose to join the forces, for whatever reason. However, you are assuming that all of them chose to die for our liberty. If given a chance of honorable discharge, many of them would leave the forces because of their belief that this war is unjustified. I feel sorry for the dead soldier and his family because their destiny have been placed in the hands of a few stubborn, misdirected and probably, self-centered men ruling us.

Rajendran

Bill Polhemus <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc> wrote:
Christopher Wright wrote:

> On Oct 27, 2004, at 3:03 AM, Bill Polhemus wrote:
>
>> Um, only a bit over a thousand American MILITARY dead, all of whom
>> died with honor serving the greatest nation on earth.
>
> Glad you cleared that up for us, Bill. I'm sure the next of kin find
> that very comforting. I trust you'll be re-joining your regiment
> shortly to pick up the fallen standard?

Goodness! How DID the U.S. survive the loss of HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS in
World War II? After all, deconsructionist historians (read "the usual
gaggle of 'progressives'") insist that poor Imperial Japan was ONLY
reacting to our foreign policy!

And Germany didn't even attack us!

Makes you wonder how Truman got reelected, doesn't it?

HINT: You can  and the families who gave them to us if you want. I
choose a different attitude.

* http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
* site at: http://www.seaint.org

Do you Yahoo!?