Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Treated Wood type

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
I've only seen S. Pine (aka SYP) as treated lumber on the east coast.

You might give the folks at the American Wood-Preservers' Association a call. Their website is .  There is also a western wood preserver's intitute at

At 06:45 AM 10/28/2004 -0700, you wrote:
Is there a typical wood grade used for treated wood?  I believe it is SYP #2, but I can't find anything to back that up.
Jim Wilson
Stroudsburg, PA

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Address AutoComplete - You start. We finish.

Jordan Truesdell, PE ******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* *** * Read list FAQ at: * * This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to: * * * * Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you * send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted * without your permission. Make sure you visit our web * site at: ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********