From: Honles, Thomas [mailto:Thomas.Honles(--nospam--at)ladwp.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 8:23 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: structural list??

Andrew,
While you were out, a few of us "went it alone" and unilaterally performed a regime change... this is now a water cooler politics list. We're surprised you didn't greet us with open arms as liberators!  ;-)

Here's a structural engineering related question for anyone to chime in on, hopefully with as little political spin as possible.
How many of you on this list have seen direct effects/impact on your engineering business or practice from homeland security measures that have been undertaken since 9/11? I am thinking these would be things like structural changes to building layout, possibly material specifications, entirely new facilities and the like. Have you seen additional construction activity to support any security enhancements, or have you seen projects negatively impacted because of funds being reallocated?
I hope that gets us back on topic.

Thomas Honles, SE, PE