Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Treated Wood type

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
What I would do is call the local lumber yard.  They will know what they customarily stock for certain wood types.  They should be able to tell you the species of wood.
Dave Maynard, PE
Gillette, Wyoming
-----Original Message-----
From: Jordan Truesdell, PE [mailto:seaint(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 9:05 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Re: Treated Wood type

I've only seen S. Pine (aka SYP) as treated lumber on the east coast.

You might give the folks at the American Wood-Preservers' Association a call. Their website is .  There is also a western wood preserver's intitute at

At 06:45 AM 10/28/2004 -0700, you wrote:
Is there a typical wood grade used for treated wood?  I believe it is SYP #2, but I can't find anything to back that up.
Jim Wilson
Stroudsburg, PA

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Address AutoComplete - You start. We finish.

Jordan Truesdell, PE ******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* *** * Read list FAQ at: * * This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to: * * * * Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you * send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted * without your permission. Make sure you visit our web * site at: ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********