Re: structural list??

Title: Message
Not directly as a specific requirement.  The structures are cast in place post-tensioned with shearwalls.  Very high seismic requirements (near-source effects) with the usual deformation compatibility design requirements.  Otherwise just a typical parking structure, not a critical facility.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 9:29 AM
Subject: RE: structural list??

We too have seen additional work for security related upgrades.  A new post-9/11 threat level resulted in a $40M project consisting mostly of security buildings and security fencing at a submarine base.

Paul,
Did your parking structures include requirements to prevent progressive collapse?

David Dickey
Lexington, KY