From: Acie Chance [mailto:achance(--nospam--at)lacsd.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 3:59 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Residential Plan Drawings

      If the area you work in is not a seismically active or a high wind
area, what lateral load do we want to design for?  To keep a structure
stable where no lateral load is applied would it take more then 2%
resistance to stabilize the structure.  I have spent my career in Southern
California where we always design for lateral load but if there are parts of
the country with out bodies why  insist they design as if there were bodies.

Acie Chance