From: Glenn Otto
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 7:59 AM
Subject: Wood - Lateral Bracing

(By request, I am resending the original)

List,

Does the lapping of floor joists over interior supports of IRC R502.6.2
constitute lateral restraint of R502.7?  I think it does according to the
cartoon of Figure R502.2, but I can't find anything else that supports that.

Also, I use unbraced length = 1 ft (gravity) when I have floor or roof
sheathing.

Thanks,.
Glenn C. Otto, P.E.
A Structural Engineer