Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
FW: Structural Design in Excel[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: FW: Structural Design in Excel
- From: "Eric Tompos" <etompos(--nospam--at)ntainc.com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 07:46:24 -0500
Title: FW: Structural Design in Excel
What kind of structural software are you looking for? I’ve developed functions that automatically import AISC properties and NDS design values, interaction diagrams on concrete columns, continuous beam analysis with graphical output, AISC eccentric bolt/weld factors, to name a few. Some other useful functions generate IBC/ASCE 7 snow, wind, and seismic loads, and analyze all ASCE 7 load combinations and provide the governing uniform loads to other sheets for design.
All functions work in all spreadsheets because they were written as an Excel ‘add-in,’ which loads when you open Excel. I have spent years developing this software, but it is the only thing I have found that provides a good balance between speed and control (I don’t like ‘black-box’ solutions).
- Prev by Subject: Re: Structural Design in Excel
- Next by Subject: Structural Design in Excel
- Previous by thread: Re: Structural Design in Excel
- Next by thread: Structural Design in Excel