RE: Residential Plan Drawings

Actually, there's never enough information on a set of floor plans and two elevations (the typical residential package I receive) to determine complete compliance with the IRC. In fact, much of the actual assembly is performed with zero guidance save the IRC tables and standards.

That said, I will never stamp a set of drawings prepared by a third party. If a sealed set is required, I will have the set re-drawn from the originals plus my redlines and all of the work will be done in-house or by my contractors. If I do a foundation, then the foundation drawing I produce is the only thing that gets my seal. If I review another engineer's or architect's work, I will attach a (sealed) letter stating my opinion on the relavent structural details, but the set will not get my seal.