Re: Soil Erosion Control Info

To Civil Engineers:

I am looking for some information to tempoary solution to prevent soil
erosion in a hill area.  The slope, based on contour, is generally 2:1
or steeper.  The owner dug a about 8 feet x 100 feet path down the
slope.  The options for tempoary soil erosion solution appears to be to
provide a straw wattles (fibre rolls) or geotextile silt fence.  Can
anybody point me to some publicatioin/web site that deals with
why/how/where to use the wattles and the silt fence.  Also direction to
web sites, if any, where I can download acad details would be
appreciated.

Gautam Manandhar, SE