RE: Soil Erosion Control Info

Your concern about the slope stability of the soil is well founded. Just a couple of weeks ago, a sleeping 3 year-old child was killed by a 500lb boulder which came free and tumbled down a hill into a house in West Virginia. The preliminary findings were that the company and contractor had insufficiently stabilized the mining (?) road being cut into the hillside, resulting in the damage.