Re: Kerry's record

Andy-
If you interested in knowing more about Kerry's Senate career you could look here. http://www.newyorker.com/talk/content/?041101ta_talk_editors
His work on the BCCI investigation (where he went after Democratic fat-cats & Republicans with equal fervor) & his work with John McCain to finally resolve our relationship with Vietnam & the MIA's are an ample measure of the Senator. I agree that he didn't author a lot of bills but most of your accusations are wrong/mis-leading.  If you refuse to educate yourself & simply parrot the policitians/talking-head's blather it doesn't reflect well on your intellectual curiosity/integrity.

If Kerry were really the big zero you contend, then how do you explain newspaper endorsement flip-flops from Bush/Gore to Kerry/Bush at a rate of 35 to 2? http://www.dkosopedia.com/index.php/2004_Media_Endorsements

Unfortunately many feel we are presented with a choice between a competent gas-bag & an incompetent blow-hard. I suspect that a lot of us wish for other choices but that's what we have. If we simply yell at each other with inflammatory, unfair accusations, the community suffers & no one learns anything.  Ultimately we get the shallow press coverage & politicians' obfuscations because most of  people don't get involved & demand better.

I still believe that this forum is not an appropriate forum for these discussions, but if  we are going to do it, I hope it can be with honesty, a modicum of respect, & factual content.
Chuck Utzman, P.E.

NDZ28(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:
 All those praising Kerry now should ask themselves what has he accomplished in the last 20 years? A big nothing. Unless you consider blasting  Vietnam veterans. He may have authored 5-10 bills that were passed in 20 years. He's been a big Zero for his entire career. He voted against every military and security bill, he voted against the first Iraq war, and voted against funds for additional weapons for the troops already in country. What makes anybody think that he will change from being a fancy talker, at this point on? Sorry, I guess he has been changing (flip-flopping) on a daily basis.  I guess I better stop here, before I really need to vent.

Andy