RE: Residential Plan Drawings

Ben,
There are times when this is the only way to get a project through plan
check and most of us here in the valley (Coachella) have had to help out by
providing engineering for non-compliant portions of prescriptively designed
homes. I can tell you this - if an earthquake hits - go to the area I
designed before running to the UBC2320 portions of the home :>)

Dennis S. Wish, PE

California Professional Engineer

Structural Engineering Consultant

dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net

http://www.structuralist.net

"Apathy is Lethal!" Speak out and Vote - but make sure you get the facts
right without the spin from either side; Verify their claims at
FactCheck.Org; http://www.factcheck.org