Re: NHL lockout (was Opinions of an Egyptian American)

> From: Drew Morris <dmorris(--nospam--at)bbfm.com>

> >Just when winter is around the corner?
> >Gary
> >
> >On 28 Oct 2004 at 8:10, Jim Getaz wrote:

> >> Members of the List,
> >>  With all the gnashing of teeth on both sides yesterday,
> >>should I expect that no matter who wins Tuesday some of you will be
> >>packing your bags on Wednesday to move to Canada?

> Winter is not all that bad.  In Alaska, that means no mosquitos, bears
> or tourists.  Hockey (except for the NHL) is in full swing.
> How are the list participants in Canada taking the lockout?

The NHL stopped being meaningful to many when the Anaheim Mighty Ducks'
gloss and flash made it look like WWF wrestling and Fox Sports needed to
add meteor tails behind the puck movements so that new viewers could
follow the fast moving little puck.

I think that most Canadians are missing their weekly Don Cherry fix more
than the game. That will probably require additional explaination ...

That aside, we all miss hearing that 5 note entry into the "Hockey Night
in Canada" theme song. (Every Canadian can now fill in the rest of the
tune as you read.)

--
Paul Ransom, P. Eng.
Civil/Structural/Project/International