RE: OT : does 2 really come after 1

Jake,
The arrow hits the tree - time is finite but counting divisions is not. With
respect to computers - the distance between numbers will ultimately be
within a given period of time based on whether or not you are dealing with
32-bit or 64-bit processing (where the maximum number of places is finite
and dependent upon the processor used.
However, if you choose to count by memory, the answer is infinite.

If the government takes 20% of your taxes and you start with %100.
Your left with $80.00; You hire a gardener and pay them $80.00 and the
gardener has to pay the government 20% (assuming the same tax bracket) - the
government earns $16.00 leaving the gardener with $64.00
Now the Gardener pays the housekeeper $64.00 and the housekeeper pays the
government 20% the housekeeper is left with $51.20
She hires a gardener who happens to work for $51.20 and this second gardener
must pay the government 20% leaving $40.96

So far the government has earned $59.04.

How long before the government has taken everything we earn in taxation
where we can not rely upon deducting the interest as a business expense?

The point on this one is that sooner or later the government gets it all!

Dennis S. Wish, PE

California Professional Engineer

Structural Engineering Consultant

dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net

http://www.structuralist.net

"Apathy is Lethal!" Speak out and Vote - but make sure you get the facts
right without the spin from either side; Verify their claims at
FactCheck.Org; http://www.factcheck.org