Re: OT : does 2 really come after 1

Bill-
A thoughtful (almost gracious) post. Very welcome. One of the great Republican virtues has historically been their fiscal restraint & responsibility. Unfortunately their brief taste of absolute power has not served them well. I pray that however this election turns out, it will not further inflame the animosities that pervade the country at present. Maybe if we are lucky our next president will be a uniter not a divider.
Chuck Utzman, P.E.

Bill Polhemus wrote:

Dennis Wish wrote:

...most of the money in circulation ultimately goes
back to the government whether the Republicans or the Democrats are in
office.

Mr. Wish, truer words were never spoken. The fact is that either party is of the belief that government ought to be the arbiter of all that we do, and the source of our "strength," whether economic, social or what-have-you.

I am no member of any organized political party. I don't say that because I enjoy being curmudgeonly--though it ought to be apparent that is the case according to some of what I write--but because I cannot find any one individual or group with whom I wholly agree.

I find myself voting Republican almost exclusively, because members of that party tend to come closest to my philosophy. But I agree with your assessment. As a friend of mine once said: "The difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is that the former want government growth at 30% per year, and the latter only 25% per year."

Q.E.D.