Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
THRU-BOLTS[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Struct EngAssoc" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: THRU-BOLTS
- From: "ASC" <ggg(--nospam--at)bigpond.net.au>
- Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 17:58:50 -0800
This is what I saw in today's edition:
Subject: Through-Bolting of Hollow Unreinforced CMU
A question for my colleagues..
Anyone out there ever seen an analytical technique in published literature
to evaluate the shear capacity of threaded rod through hollow CMU (i.e.,
through-bolt) ? I know that several fastener companies (Hilti, Simspon,
etc.) have ICBO test reports showing embedded anchors (with screen tubes in
hollow CMU)..but that's not what I'm interested in..I've seen so many
"through-bolt" applications with just plain all-thread and some drilled
holes but have not seen an analytical approach (perhaps NCMA Tek 12-3a is as
close as it gets ?)...seems like to me there are several limits
states..local crushing of CMU at all-thread (i.e., bearing failure)..shear
failure of the CMU face shell..bolt shear.. Etc.
Any thoughts ?
Robert C. Roger, P.E.
If you can send me a sketch (fax to the # below)
perhaps I can offer some suggestions.
Dr Gregory Szuladzinski
Analytical Service Pty Ltd
5 Warwick St
T: 612 9418-1842
- Prev by Subject: re: thru bolting in CMU
- Next by Subject: TI 809-04
- Previous by thread: (no subject)
- Next by thread: Post tensioning- Clarifications.