Post tensioning- Clarifications.

Dear all,

 Thanks to the 'warm' welcome extended to me by Gail and others, I wish to clarify as under:

I am a Post Graduate Engineer with 23 years of experience of having worked in three countries other than USA and India, well versed in Rebar and Steel and wish to learn about Post tensioning. A respected PE suggested that this forum has well-qualified and experienced Structural Engineers on it and it would be my best bet.

I was looking for technical information on a pilot project (Not? live') which came our way and that's the reason for my post. It was a polite request. Nothing else.

But most replies I have got have been anything but technical and have been irrelevant and ?irreverent? covering my country, my countrymen, fees, my company, my colleagues...just about anything you could throw at me for asking... Pray, was asking for technical help / info / guidance from well established and learned peers, a sin on this forum?

A few useful replies have come in to me privately and ADAPT software guys are one of them. I thank them all for being so courteous.

Ms.Gail, all your fears about incompetence causing deaths etc was a bit of overkill as far as my request was concerned. We are skilled, competent and would have our designs and drawings checked/ approved by a panel of Professional Engineers before shipment, if we were not sure. That is more than most would do (1/5th of price or otherwise!)

  Anyway, I apologise for the inconvenience and choose to humbly unsubscribe from the forum. Period.

(I request you to refrain from further posts on this topic. Thanks.)

With Best wishes,

Nagesh Kumar

Nagesh Kumar C S
V.P- Engineering
Secad Soft Solutions P Ltd
Bangalore
Telefax = +91-80-26726095,+91-80-26720428
www.secadsoft.com