To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 10:44 AM
Subject: Re: Post tensioning Detailing-Where and how?

Agree 100 % thanks Chris. I just wish people ( Particularly Gail )
here in USA just learn to live with the whole world and do not think
that engineers in other countries are any inferior or worst!  There
are bad apples every where in the world!

Thanks.

Arvind

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:13:41 -0600, Christopher Wright
<chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com> wrote:

On Nov 1, 2004, at 9:44 AM, Arvind Bisarya wrote:

> It was definitely not an immigrant nor was the job outsourced !
I think if you'll look at deaths resulting from earthquake and
storm-related structural failures, you'll find that the Hyatt collapse
is one of the worst in the US, only recently. Disasters like the
Johnstown flood or the 1906 San Francisco earthquake had far worse
tolls, although there's no way now to sort out deaths from structural
failures from those caused by ensuing fires.

If you looked a little further at the tens of thousands of people who
died in Asia in earthquake- or storm-related or other structural
collapses because of substandard design, you wouldn't find much
offshore-outsourced engineering either.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/