Forensic Engineer in the Midwest

Title: Forensic Engineer in the Midwest

I have a project in Springfield Missouri which we are discussing hiring a Forensic Engineer.  The building structure is a church building about 80 years old and some new cracks are appearing in an area which has had some cracks in the past.  Also, the balcony is pulled away from both the north and south walls between 3/8 and ½” If it were solely up to me, Id want to tear into the ceiling of the balcony dig up the footing remove the enclosure from around the roof trusses, punch through the plaster walls and investigate.  But, in an effort to avoid alarming the entire congregation, were wondering if an expert in the field of Forensic Engineering would enable us to avoid some of this demolition.  I have the name of Wiss, Janney, Elstner are there any others maybe closer to Springfield, MO?

Bruce D. Holcomb, P.E., S.E.

Structural Engineer

Butler, Rosenbury & Partners

300 S. Jefferson, Suite 505

Springfield, MO 65806

ph. 417-865-6100

fax 417-865-6102

www.brpae.com

Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design, Planning & Development

Your Vision.  Our Focus.