Re: Post tensioning Detailing-Where and how?

I doubt whether any of those I mentioned i.e, Birjan Aalami , S.K.Ghosh, Farzad Naeim, Kit Miyamoto and Ashraf Hasibullah were in the US in 1965, some would not even have qualified in engineering at that time.

mark francois

----- Original Message ----- From: <GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 4:27 PM
Subject: Re: Post tensioning Detailing-Where and how?

>Stephen Prokofyevich Timoshenko. If you call a god by the >wrong name >all of your structures will collapse. And while >we're naming immigrant >engineering greats you want to >remember Den Hartog, Hetenyi, Nadai and >H.S. Tsien. And Dr >Heinz Gorges to whom I owe a great deal.
Christopher Wright P.E.

Actually, I believe most (all?) of these people immigrated before 1965. As did T.Y Lin and Fazlur Khan. So, while they have made tremendous contributions to the US, they're not really a good argument against my proposed immigration policies.

And I haven't heard of Nadai, but I highly recommend Den Hartog's books.

Gail Kelley