Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Residential Plan Drawings[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: wilsonengineers(--nospam--at)yahoo.com, seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Residential Plan Drawings
- From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 20:43:14 EST
In a message dated 11/1/04 6:22:11 PM, wilsonengineers(--nospam--at)yahoo.com writes:
... its tough to tell them that a 5000 sf single-story wood building that is the same as a single story house, except for the usage, is going to cost $4000 to design and detail. (Its hard to argue that its worth $1500)
KRATZ: It's sad, isn't it, that it's not "worth" 1/3 to 1% of a building's construction cost to design its structure (assuming $100/sf).
"Jason W. Kilgore" <jkilgore(--nospam--at)leok.com> wrote:
Also, I HATE working with a client who sees me as an
unnecessary expense that is only needed to get a permit.
KRATZ: Ain't that the truth!
Ralph Hueston Kratz
724 McLaughlin Street
Richmond CA 94805-1402 USA
- Prev by Subject: RE: Residential Plan Drawings
- Next by Subject: Re: RESIDENTIAL: Discussion of Load Paths
- Previous by thread: RE: Residential Plan Drawings
- Next by thread: Post tensioning Detailing-Where and how?