"We are skilled, competent and would have our designs and drawings checked/ approved by a panel of Professional Engineers before shipment, if we were not sure. "
then these people doing the review must be experienced PT designers to do the review properly. Why can't they teach Nagesh Kumar and his people how to prepare PT shop drawings? Or do they know as little about PT design as he does (along with 95% of the engineering population of the world). If this is the case, the review is useless.

I just hope he does not simply start using computer software to overcome his lack of understanding of PT design and push out shop drawings without really understanding what he is doing or Gail's worries might be proven true. Enough people do this already, all over the world. We do not want another person doing it if it can be avoided.

At 11:15 PM 1/11/2004, you wrote:
What could have been a contributor to this list is now gone, thanks to Gail.

Will Haynes, P.E.

From: Nagesh Kumar <csn(--nospam--at)secadsoft.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
CC: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
Subject: Post tensioning- Clarifications.
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 04:42:48 -0800 (PST)

Dear all,

 Thanks to the 'warm' welcome extended to me by Gail and others, I wish to clarify as under:

I am a Post Graduate Engineer with 23 years of experience of having worked in three countries other than USA and India, well versed in Rebar and Steel and wish to learn about Post tensioning. A respected PE suggested that this forum has well-qualified and experienced Structural Engineers on it and it would be my best bet.

I was looking for technical information on a pilot project (Not? live') which came our way and that's the reason for my post. It was a polite request. Nothing else.

But most replies I have got have been anything but technical and have been irrelevant and ?irreverent? covering my country, my countrymen, fees, my company, my colleagues...just about anything you could throw at me for asking... Pray, was asking for technical help / info / guidance from well established and learned peers, a sin on this forum?

A few useful replies have come in to me privately and ADAPT software guys are one of them. I thank them all for being so courteous.

Ms.Gail, all your fears about incompetence causing deaths etc was a bit of overkill as far as my request was concerned. We are skilled, competent and would have our designs and drawings checked/ approved by a panel of Professional Engineers before shipment, if we were not sure. That is more than most would do (1/5th of price or otherwise!)

  Anyway, I apologise for the inconvenience and choose to humbly unsubscribe from the forum. Period.

(I request you to refrain from further posts on this topic. Thanks.)

With Best wishes,

Nagesh Kumar

Nagesh Kumar C S
V.P- Engineering
Secad Soft Solutions P Ltd
Bangalore
Telefax = +91-80-26726095,+91-80-26720428
www.secadsoft.com

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you *   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted *   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web *   site at: http://www.seaint.org ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********

Regards  Gil Brock
Ph +61 7 3807 8022              Fax +61 7 3807 8422
email:          gil(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com
email:          sales(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com
email:          support(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com
webpage:        http://www.raptsoftware.com