Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
plywood diaphragm on light gage[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: plywood diaphragm on light gage
- From: "Joe Grill" <jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:21:20 -0700
Some time ago (probably over a year ago) I had posted a question regarding using plywood as a horizontal diaphragm when supported by light gage framing. I understand that there are values for this system for shear walls, but none published in the IBC for diaphragms. When I posted the question someone on the list said that there was one company that had there own system tested and had values for that system. I didn’t pursue that at the time as the framing system changed. I am now curious about the system that was mentioned as I don’t believe the particular company was listed. If anyone can help my with locating that particular company or better yet an (ICBO /ICC) approval I would really appreciate the help.
Joseph R. Grill, PE
Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)
- Prev by Subject: Please Remove wags3413(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Next by Subject: RE: plywood diaphragm on light gage
- Previous by thread: Re: Outsourcing to India - Some bare facts
- Next by thread: RE: plywood diaphragm on light gage