From: Joe Grill [mailto:jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com]
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 3:19 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Plywood diaphragm with Light gage

Some time ago (probably over a year ago) I had posted a question regarding using plywood as a horizontal diaphragm when supported by light gage framing.  I understand that there are values for this system for shear walls, but none published in the IBC for diaphragms.  When I posted the question someone on the list said that there was one company that had there own system tested and had values for that system.  I didn’t pursue that at the time as the framing system changed. I am now curious about the system that was mentioned as I don’t believe the particular company was listed.  If anyone can help my with locating that particular company or better yet an (ICBO /ICC) approval I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Joseph R. Grill, PE

Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)

jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com