re: thru bolting in CMU

Title: Message
I have always used a manufacturer's table when using thru bolts in hollow CMU, there are plenty out there to choose from. I usually look at a couple and choose the lower value. But what I think is a much better approach is to have the GC solid grout at least a few cells around each bolt, then you can epoxy or expansion bolt into solid grout. Just be careful with edge distance and spacing criteria.

HTH
Andrew Kester, PE
Longwood, FL