STEEL: W- to HSS- Connections

Comments on the following questions:

1. Is the "black book" titled "Hollow Structural Sections Connections Manual" still a valid reference, or has the information therein been superseded by the Third Edition LRFD?

2. I'd like to design a Vierendeel Truss using WF members for the chords and HSS for the vertical members, with moment connections for the HSS to the WF. I don't seem to be able to identify a design procedure for HSS to the flange of a WF in the aforementioned "black book"; all the procedures outlined appear to be for bolted end-plate connections. Am I missing something in there, or is there something that someone else can point to?

Thanks (Charley, I know you might be able to tackle this one but others might have some insights as well).

Bill Polhemus, P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas USA