RE: Way Off Topic: Interesting Endorsements !!

Bill, with all respect,

We could all chime in on opinions and second guess what we would have done, and granted they would be better decisions on account of the hindsight factor. And I've done that, as many of us have. But what is really telling to this particular issue is Mr. Bush's approval rating. You can see the full details of the weekly Gallup poll at http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm
Or check out an interesting summary of approval ratings from polling various organizations: http://www.hist.umn.edu/~ruggles/Approval.htm

Here's some telling highlights (sample sizes 1,000 to 1,500 adult voters, margin of error about 3%):

Inauguration (1/20/01): 57% approve, 25% disapprove, 18% undecided

Just before 9/11(8/24/01):    51% approve, 39% disapprove, 10% undecided

Post 9/11(9/21/01):   90% approve, 6% disapprove, 4% undecided (highest ever recorded by Gallup)

Pre-Iraq invasion(3/3/03): 57% approve 37% disapprove  6% undecided

Iraq invasion (3/22/03): 71% approve, 25% disapprove, 4% undecided

3 months into Iraq (6/27/03): 61% approve, 36% disapprove, 3% undecided

6 months into Iraq (9/24/03): 54% approve 44% disapprove 2% undecided

Currently (10/29/04-10/31/04): 51% approve, 46% disapprove, 3% undecided

Bush's approval rating is now as low as it was 7 months into his Administration, and lower than it was at his inauguration. The boosts he got at 9/11 and again from the initial invasion of Iraq in what was promised to be a swift victory have completely disappeared. Clearly it is more than just guesswork whether the most important job in the country has been handled well. Each time the American people trusted their President, and each time that trust has been squandered. No wonder that the divisions in our nation run so deep at this time.

If Bush wins today, it will be because Senator Kerry could not mount the unified opposition to Bush, as he appears to have plenty of material to work with here in the job dissatisfaction numbers.

TH

P.S. I've cast my vote today, and I hope that you all have, and regardless who wins the final tally, when officially elected, the Chief will have my support. But that Chief will have to overcome the existing division in the country, and unfortunately, if it is Bush again, I think we can expect we will have 4 more years of the same kind of disapproval ratings and divisions.