Re: Non Metalic Rebar

You can also use carbon fibre which would be structural but I'm not sure
what the cost would be vs stainless.
--------------------------

From: Brian K. Smith <smithegr(--nospam--at)bellsouth.net>
To: Seaint <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Tue Nov 02 15:42:36 2004
Subject: Non Metalic Rebar

    I am designing a foundation for a MRI device that will be installed
within an existing building.  I need to reinforce the concrete with non
ferrous reinforcement.  I was thinking stainless or fiberglass; but, I
haven't the slightest idea what is available.
    Any thoughts?  I am not comfortable going non-structural.  I want at
least some T&S reinforcement.

Brian K. Smith, P.E.