To: Seaint
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 06:42 PM
Subject: Non Metalic Rebar

    I am designing a foundation for a MRI device that will be installed within an existing building.  I need to reinforce the concrete with non ferrous reinforcement.  I was thinking stainless or fiberglass; but, I haven't the slightest idea what is available.
    Any thoughts?  I am not comfortable going non-structural.  I want at least some T&S reinforcement.

Brian K. Smith, P.E.

GIF image