From: Lester Unger <lesterunger(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Lateral Bracing
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:49:05 -0800 (PST)

Most of our projects are steel framed, one to three stories in a low seismic zone. We try to use X-bracing with rods and turnbuckles to resist lateral loads but find it difficult to conceal the turn buckles in the walls. ?Type 2? connections are used on projects where the x-bracing won?t work. What is the most popular and economical lateral bracing system to use? What are some other practical types of x-bracing material to use?

Thanks in advance