Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 10:27 AM
Subject: Re: Can you say...

S. Gordin wrote:

> This morning, even the improbable last item seems remotely possible
> (don't hold your breath though).

> Democracy appears to work - even literally, with the popular vote!
> In conceding, Mr. Kerry acted as a real gentlemen and patriot - which
> he most certainly is.

> Overall - amazing and exciting news, and tough road ahead.

> Steve Gordin

"A gentleman and a patriot".

Only waiting half-a-day after consulting with his lawyers before doing
the math and figuring out it wouldn't work.

Only after the margin of Bush's victory in Ohio--which was larger than
his margin in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin combined--seemed insurmountable.

Only after being bested by the first candidate since 1988 to actually
win the popular vote.

THEN he conceded.

No word on whether he was "snippy" to Mr. Bush in his concession.

Eagerly awaiting Dem's "Night of Long Knives". I'm popping popcorn for
this one.