RE: Non Metalic Rebar

 > I am designing a foundation for a MRI device that will be installed within an existing building. I need to reinforce the concrete with non ferrous reinforcement.  I was thinking stainless or fiberglass.

*****

You probably need to make sure you specify either "non-magnetic" or "non-ferritic" reinforcement.

Ferrous just means containing iron.  If you specify "non-ferrous" reinforcement, you will preclude the use of austenitic (non-magnetic) stainless steel.

There were three stainless steel vendors at World of Concrete this year, one of whom wanted to get me a piece of #11 bar as a souvenir.  I think you can get any size,  it is just expensive.

Gail Kelley