To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 12:37 PM
Subject: RE: plywood diaphragm on light gage

Joe,

I designed a number of these a few years ago, and at the time there were several ICBO reports available that listed the diaphragm values. The tables looked just like the standard code tables for wood diaphragms with the addition of the gage of the joist supporting the plywood. Lighter gage increases the likelihood of a pull-out failure of the screw at the joist flange. Anyway, I went online to get the updated ICC reports, and I could not find any! I don't remember what happened, probably the client changed to wood joists. Unfortunately, I have not had the time, or the mandate to go and find out what happened to these reports. I would contact some of the screw manufacturers to see if there is current information available. If you are really in a pinch, I might be able to track down some old reports and send you copies.

Dmitri Wright, PE