From: Lester Unger [mailto:lesterunger(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 11:49 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Lateral Bracing

Most of our projects are steel framed, one to three stories in a low seismic zone. We try to use X-bracing with rods and turnbuckles to resist lateral loads but find it difficult to conceal the turn buckles in the walls. “Type 2” connections are used on projects where the x-bracing won’t work. What is the most popular and economical lateral bracing system to use? What are some other practical types of x-bracing material to use?

Thanks in advance

Do you Yahoo!?
Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page. www.yahoo.com</a