Re: Lateral Bracing

In a message dated 11/3/2004 6:11:29 PM Eastern Standard Time, bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc writes:
When I post a technical question, I get no answer.

At least when I goad the Lefties on the list, I get "strokes."
Speaking only for myself,  I personally do not respond to some of your questions because you sometimes do not seem to have a very good understanding of what is presumably a project you have taken on.  By answering your question, perhaps all I would be doing would be allowing you to pretend you knew what you were talking about.

A second consideration is that my knowledge was acquired at a fairly great expense (time and money).  I am only willing to spend a limited amount of time dispensing such knowledge for free.

My knowledge of post-tensioning, for example, came from working for a year at a post-tensioning supplier for a very minimal salary.  The result however is that I understand post-tensioning installation drawings.  Usually better than the detailer that prepared them.

You once asked a question about tendon chairs for slab on ground construction that didn't seem to make any sense.  I really had no motivation to figure out what you were asking.

Gail Kelley