HSS Bracings in high seismic zones

Hi,

Are there any special provisions to design a cloumn-beam-diagonal brace (all HSS like a truss) without gusset plates as a concentric Ordinary Braced Frame (R=4.5) in high seismic zones? Is there anything other than section 14 of AISC seismic provisons that I should be looking at? Has anybody tried this before and if so were the welds enough to develope the Required Strength of brace connection (tensile strength of the brace)? All comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Reza Dashti